The Cardiac Patient Involvement Group
Who are we?
This group consists of patients who have recently been treated in the cardiac care centre, either as an in-patient or as an out-patient, who wish to be involved more in the care centre.
What do we do?
We meet every 2 months for 1½ hours in Sussex House, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton
- To hear what matters to patients
- To provide a patient’s view on aspects of care
- To provide a view on the patient information we are working on
To date the work of the group has included discussion around:
- Cleanliness issues
- Daycase angioplasty
- The role of the new arrhythmia nurse specialist
- Reconfiguration of the cardiac care centre
- Patient dignity
- Heart attack awareness campaign
- Exercise for heart failure patients
As well as reviewing patient information on:
- Angioplasty and stents
- Consent information for different procedures
- Drug monitoring
- British Heart Foundation patient held record
Future topics will include work to achieve the 18 week target for treatment set by the Government.
We are always seeking new members for the group. If you would like to join or would like any further information please contact:
Sarah Young, Nurse Consultant Cardiology 01273 696955 ext 7850
Kay Hyde, Cardiac Rehabilitation Nurse Specialist 01273 696955 ext 4007